The 2014 Vince Acquisto Memorial Golf Tournament was a Success!
The 2014 Vince Acquisto Memorial Golf Tournament took place on Monday, October 13, 2014 at the beautiful Blackhawk Country Club in Danville, California. Those who attended enjoyed a day of fun and networking as funds were raised for The Bili Project Foundation in memory of Vincent Acquisto.
The foundation raised nearly 10k which will go towards the continued research in to the study of Hepatobiliary Cancers.
Check out a few highlights and photos from the event!
- The event was a huge success and we were able to raise about $10,000 for The Bili Project Foundation. 100% of the proceeds raised will go towards research of Hepatobiliary Cancers to hopefully provide treatment options and early detection indicators in the future for those suffering from Hepatobiliary Cancers.
- Mike and Debbie Lax volunteered all day at this years event. Mike is suffering from Bile Duct Cancer and both he and his wife manned the Bili Tee for the entire day. Debbie gave a heartfelt speech during dinner and his family was present with him during the evening reception. It was truly inspirational to have Mike there with his family to show his strength and deamination to fight this disease.
- We had King Bechtel BBQing for the golfers at the 9th hole and Rosanne Wassom with Fahrenheit Wood Fired Pizza of Pleasanton provided dessert pizzas for the golfers at the 1st tee.
- We had the following competitions throughout the day:
- Straightest Shot: Winner was Andrew Ray
- Marshmallow Drive: Winners were Donna Emrich (women) and Peter Tripp (men)
- Closest to the Pin: Winner was Joy Stephenson-Laws
- Longest Drive: Winners were Chuck Acquisto (men) and Lisa Morphis (women)
- Putting Contest: Winner was Rob Perez
- Winning Foursome: Jason Gambonini, Matt Free, Vince Avila, and Rodney Simmons
- On Tee 6 we had a professional golfer where participants could elect to have the golfer take the drive from the tee for them.
- The cocktail hour took place at the Blackhawk Country Club Lakeside Clubhouse with beautiful views overlooking the lakeside golf course. Attendees were able to enjoy their drinks and hors d’oeuvres on the patio or inside where the silent auction took place. When doors to dinner opened, guests were ushered into the clubhouse ballroom where they enjoyed a wonderful Italian themed buffet, live auction and raffle, award ceremony, update from one of the research physicians for The Bili Project Foundation, a heartfelt speech from Debbie Lax, and a message from one of The Foundation’s co-founders, Sue Acquisto.
For more information on how you can join in on the fun at next year’s event please email email@example.com.